The Clearwater County Sheriff’s Department has released the name of the woman who died in an apartment fire in Bagley last week.
92 year old Edna Leone Halvorson died at Hennepin County Medical Center from injuries suffered in the fire last Tuesday at Parkview Apartments.
Fire fighters pulled Halvorson from her burning apartment as the second floor of the Complex was engulfed in flame. She was airlifted from Sanford Hospital in Bagley, but doctors in the Twin Cities were unable to save her life.
The fire, reported about 5pm, has been ruled accidental, likely caused by a smoldering cigarette in an apartment chair.